lowe alpine load locker buckle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BUZZ1984 23 May 2015
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if anyone knows where 8 could buy some lowe alpine load locker buckles at all?

I'm designing a pack to be made up and I'm keen to use the LA buckles but all my Web searched have been in vain. A friend had bought some from George Fishers a few years ago but they no longer seem to stock them, they were possibly manufactured surplus.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Craig.
 PPP 23 May 2015
In reply to BUZZ1984:

Are these any good?
https://www.alpkit.com/products/pair-of-phud-buckles

IMHO, 25mm strap is the best compromise between weight and durability.
 steveshaking 24 May 2015
In reply to BUZZ1984:

I don't. But I will say that you might find the Alpkit ones not quite right . I love the LA version. Having used lookalike buckles on a phud and on a blue ice rucksack they are an easy design to get slightly wrong either under or over holding the webbing and becoming very fiddly.
OP BUZZ1984 25 May 2015
In reply to PPP:

Thanks for heads up!
OP BUZZ1984 25 May 2015
In reply to steveshaking:

Yeah, the hooks have a habit of detaching and only really work properly under load. I've used a Blue Ice pack which had them and they kept coming off and flapping about.

The LL buckles have an extra hook which keeps them strapped up. I've snapped quitell a few standard 25 mm buckles in my time. As I'm having a pack built I'm keen that is as robust as possible.
 galpinos 25 May 2015
In reply to BUZZ1984:

I'm pretty sure the buckles on my DMM pad are the same, maybe DMM make them? You could get in touch with them and ask.

J_joewhite 18 Jun 2015
In reply to BUZZ1984:

Hey guys,

Just seen this! Contact us directly and we should be able to send you some buckles no problem. Please email phil.mann@lowealpine.co.uk and let him know what you need.

Thanks,

Joe
OP BUZZ1984 17 Jul 2015
In reply to J_joewhite:

Thanks Joe,

I just read this, as I don't seem to be getting email notifications of replies to my posts for some reason...
Anyway, thanks a lot for the contact details, I've just sent an email off to Phil.

Thanks again,
Craig
ultrabumbly 17 Jul 2015
In reply to BUZZ1984:

I think in some quarters these are called "g hooks". The survivalist bug-out-bag crowd seem rather fond of them (no noise for that russian sniper in every tree probably )and you can find some designs in MOLLE tape width easily. Maybe having a look on tarp type / hammock camper supplier sites will find something suitable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...