Llanberis locals advice please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Landy_Dom 21 May 2015
Hi folks I'm planning to visit Llanberis soon with a load of scouts and their parents. We're planning a mixture of the quarry museum and climbing at lion rock. Where would be a good, large, free car park to meet up with them all? Walking in is not an issue. I'm thinking either bus stop quarry or the lagoons, but are the lagoons still free parking? I can't remember? Thanks in advance, Dom.
 Roadrunner5 21 May 2015
In reply to Landy_Dom:

They were as of last winter.

What do you mean by a load? Bus stop isn't that big but it's a nice walk down.
 JSH 21 May 2015
In reply to Landy_Dom:

its probably best to go to the lagoons or the car park outside the slate museum. bus stop quarry is not a good place as there is not car park just lay-bys, there is a small car park out side the entrance to lions rock!
OP Landy_Dom 21 May 2015
In reply to Roadrunner5:

Probably around 10 cars. Happy to walk in from a convenient meeting place.
OP Landy_Dom 21 May 2015
In reply to JSH:

Think the lion rock car park will be too small. Thanks though.
 Roadrunner5 21 May 2015
In reply to Landy_Dom:
I think you could struggle at bus stop and its out of the way for anywhere else. I'd go lagoons first. You'll take up a lot of spots for those climbing at bus. Stop and its a nice walk through the fields to the museum from the lagoons.. If it's dry, it can be a swim..
In reply to Roadrunner5:

Another vote for lagoons - free parking, public toilet, great views, good for swimming if its hot and coffee available from Surf-lines shop.
In reply to Landy_Dom:

Lagoons are the best bet. Lion rock only has space for about 5 cars.

I recommend using Union Rock which is just round the corner from Lion on the opposite side of the lake. depends on the size of the group though.

You can get 3 lines on Lion on the right hand side and maybe two on the left (3 at a push) but it's likely there'll be SPA courses going on at either of these two places and many centres in the area use these venues too so it's worth planning for this eventuality.

OP Landy_Dom 22 May 2015
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Thanks for all the help, I've got union crag down as a backup in the event of lion rock being crowded. Cheers all!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...