House/Gite and barn for sale in Ariege

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Rob Wilson 04 May 2015
premier post photo
Gite de la Borde is a 400 year old farm house with attached barn. It has many of its original features and plenty of character. With well over 320m2 of living space (with 9 bedrooms) and 600m2 garden with semi-sunken swimming pool it is an ideal space for a holiday house and/or B&B or large family residence.

The Ariege valley is a fantastic area for climbing, with hundreds of routes on limestone and granite that range from 3 to 9a and from short single pitches to Verdon style mountain routes. Check out http://www.rockfax.com/databases/results_area.html?id=1057 for details. There's even a climbing wall in the barn for when the weather isn't playing ball.

This charismatic property is situated in a popular village that is close to amenities and 4km from the medieval market town of Foix. It is perfectly situated for both outdoor and cultural activities. There is skiing 35 minutes away and plenty of climbing, walking, cycling and golf. For people who enjoy something a little less active there are thermal spa's ,Cathar castles and some of Europes most important prehistoric caves. Toulouse is only an hour away by car or train, there is a train station on the outskirts of the village.

Main house: Ground floor: Kitchen 10m2 with access to garden. Living room 25m2. Bedroom and Bathroom. This can be used as a separate apartment.
1st floor: Fitted kitchen 15m2 opening to living room 20m2 with woodburner . Access to garden and terrace via steps.
2nd floor: Bedroom 15m2 with ensuite shower. Bedroom 16m2. Bathroom/WC.
3rd floor: Bedroom 12m2. Bedroom 9m2. Bathroom 20m2 with bath, shower, wc and plumbing for washing machine.
Immediately habitable with mains drainage and double glazed through out.

Large stone barn: 175m2 part renovated with 120m2 of living space and small garden. Ground floor: Bedroom 8m2. Bedroom 6m2. Bedroom 10m2 with ensuite shower room/wc. Bathroom/Wc. Garage 50m2. 1st floor: Enormous living room 70m2 with large windows and spectacular views of the limestone cliffs. This would be ideal for a yoga or an Artists studio. It has an additional mezzanine floor 14m2. Fitted kitchen 12m2.and 2 rooms of 8m2.
All doors and windows are double glazed. The garage has a climbing wall with plenty of storage space for a car or bikes.

At the front is a courtyard with parking for 3 cars. The garden is at the back of the property, It has decking and a semi-sunken swimming pool.

The commercial gite website is: http://www.gitedelaborde.co.uk

For more photos, check out: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-49199299.html

The guide price is €199500 which will of course vary as the exchange rate does but is less than £150,000 at the moment.

For more information or to arrange a visit please contact me on here or Ruth Jenkins by email on ruth-jenkins@hotmail.com or 0033 642 65 46 35
 yodadave 16 May 2015
In reply to Rob Wilson:

What is your rental history? Is it being sold as a business?
Do you have a local company cleaning etc?

Really does look fantastic
Rob Wilson 19 May 2015
In reply to yodadave:

Hi yodadave, Sorry for the delay in response, we had a little bit of trouble getting the premier post up and running and UKC have been sorting it for us (we didnt know it had gone live yet ).

We have been running the house as a gite for the last 7 years and it rents well and I take bookings all year round. In August I can make up to 900 euros per week. The guests out of season are french people for family re unions or people coming to work in the area. It also rents well at Christmas and New Year. If you were to buy it I can put the listings for the holiday house in your name and pass on all the regular guests. Last year the gite made around 15 000 euros
If you were to rent out the barn or the apartment as well you could make an extra 5 000 to 10 000 euros and still have somewhere to live or stay yourself.
I have people who help with the cleaning and a French friend who helps with French publicity.
The area is great for climbing, Mountian biking,walking there is a great ski resort Ax-les-Thermes 40 mins away.
We loved living here but we've moved to Spain so the children could go to an International school.
Please email me if you would like anymore information ruth-jenkins@hotmail.com.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...