Hit and Run - Sheffield - Last night

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris the Tall 30 Apr 2015
A friend saw the aftermath of this incident (at junction of Hathersage Road/Long Line) and has asked me to share this link

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/road-traffic-collisions/cyclist-seriously-i...

Apparently the cyclists injuries are pretty serious - broken leg, ribs and collarbone, punctured lungs
 Fredt 30 Apr 2015
In reply to Chris the Tall:

That's' scary, because if the cyclist was travelling towards Sheffield, at the Long Line junction he'll have been going pretty fast.
I've clocked 35 mph there.

Not clear if the car was pulling out of Long Line, although I have had close shaves with cars trying to overtake me there and cutting in because of approaching traffic, and also cars overtaking in the other direction. It's a fast stretch of road despite the 50mph limit.
 The Reaper 30 Apr 2015

That's terrible. How can people live with themselves knowing that they have (at best) caused someone some serious injury. Callous or cowardly? Must have been some significant damage to the car I would have thought.

I live near there and pass the junction daily on my bike, going towards and away from Sheffield. People pulling out of Long Line or Cross Lane are too focussed on the (fast) approaching cars and can easily overlook a bike. I have seen several collisions between cars there in the last five years.

Hope the cyclist recovers OK.
 JimboWizbo 30 Apr 2015

Very frustrating to hear. Hope the driver turns himself in.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...