Montane Aero Event Smock - any feedback?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PPP 23 Apr 2015
Hi,

After realizing that Mountain Equipment Morpheus is a little bit overkill in non-winter and non-hail conditions, I want to cut some weight and get a lighter waterproof jacket for Scottish summer scrambling/hillwalking and rock climbing use.

I settled down with a Montane Aero Event Smock as it's light, durable(ish) and cheap (can get it under 100 pounds). However, there's very little information in the internet. Has anyone got it and do you love it or hate it?

Any other under 100 pounds options would be welcome. I was thinking of Mountain Equipment Firefox or Sherpa Khumjung jackets. The latter is under 60 pounds on Bergfreunde.co.uk, but it's not as breathable.
 connor 23 Apr 2015
In reply to PPP:

Have a look at the Jottnar Hymir smock, i've been using one for work for a couple of months now and I am very impressed, seems really durable as well as really breathable!
 Ardo 24 Apr 2015
In reply to PPP:

Picked one up recently and initial thoughts are it's going to be a winner.

Only warn a couple of times in anger, but is comfortable fit and worked well in variable rain and single figure temperatures, with regard to waterproofing and breathability.

Time will tell as to how durable it is and heard stories of Event waterproofing not lasting, but for £100ish I'm happy with it.
OP PPP 24 Apr 2015
In reply to nrhardy:

Thanks, ordered it today for a reasonable price (sale sample for 92 posted). Regarding durability, I have Mountain Equipment Morpheus which will last me a long time, but it's twice as heavy and sometimes it's not used at all during summer days. I'd rather take an extra sandwich!

Thanks connor for a suggestion, but it's a little bit on an expensive side and I would be more worried to damage it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...