Cheapish backpacking tent for kids , ideas please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 23 Apr 2015
Tbh not really sure what I m after. Looking for something that will be used by the kids to camp in the garden and then occasionally carried (by me) for a couple of hours but put up by them .Not too keen to use my quasar as the kids can get a tad "boistourus" on occasion (read just about all the time) and there a good chance it will get trashed. . Doesn't need to be super lite or super sturdy but not an Argos play tent ( although oldest sprog has already camped in the garden in a £15 Argos teepee , but it didn't rain ). I suppose a quasar copy or something like . Can you still get force 10 s? Something from decathlon , Go outdoors that kind of thing .
Ta in advance .
 edunn 23 Apr 2015
In reply to mike123:

Can't go wrong with Decathlon in my opinion. If you can bear looking like a student at a festival carrying a huge tent-disk on your back, then the pop-up ones are great, but admittedly they tend to be better for car-camping rather than proper camping. Their non-disk tents are also fairly decent and cheap enough that if you bend a pole/ stretch the fabric you won't be devastated about it.
 deepsoup 23 Apr 2015
In reply to edunn:
I'd second that. Is this the right kind of price range? I bought one of these early last year, and it seems pretty good. (I've been fairly lucky with weather so far though - so still not sure how it'll handle a properly foul night.)
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/quickhiker-ultralight-2-hiking-tent-2-man-grey-i...
 The New NickB 23 Apr 2015
In reply to mike123:

Something like the Vango Mirage 200 is probably worth a look.
 iksander 23 Apr 2015
In reply to mike123:

Haven't tried one, but £50 for a 2 person tent with aluminium poles from a high street shop can't be bad http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/camping/tents/festival-tents/lightweight-b...
 Oujmik 23 Apr 2015
In reply to mike123:

Vango, Gelert and Karrimor are all woth checking out. I've got a Karrimor XLite 2-3 person tent with huge porch. It's served us well and only cost £70 or so. I also have a coffin-sized super-light Gelert tent which only cost £20 - bargain.
cb294 23 Apr 2015
In reply to mike123:

Rather than buying a copy I would try and get a better quality used tent. Can be even cheaper, and is more likely to survive active kids.

CB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...