sgurr na stri camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 buzby 17 Apr 2015
If the weather holds into next week in going up to Skye for a few days and was thinking of camping out on sgurr na stri at loch corusk.

never having been before just wondered what the summit or close to it was like for an overnight camp, is there room for a tent ( terra nova voyager) or would I have to bivi.
hoping to get some sunset and sunrise shots from the summit.

thanks.
 malky_c 17 Apr 2015
In reply to buzby:

Did that a couple of years ago - it was great! Some info here:
http://www.scottishhills.com/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopi...
OP buzby 17 Apr 2015
In reply to malky_c:

thanks Malky, that's exactly what I was looking for, my history of visits to Skye is brutal, every time I've been the weather has been pretty awful but the forecast for next weeks looking good so far. here's hoping.
drmarten 17 Apr 2015
In reply to malky_c:

I read that at the time malky, that's a very good report and looks like you had a couple of days to remember.
I must try and get up Bla Bheinn in decent weather this year, no luck so far.
OP buzby 17 Apr 2015
In reply to drmarten:

decent weather ? Honestly I think im jinxed when it comes to Skye, remember a couple of years ago we caught the end of that hurricane and got 100mph winds in may, I was in a rented camper van on skye, tried to walk to the top of the storr and got blown on my arse numerous times till I gave up.
spent most of the week there and never got a glimpse of the Cullin with everybody in the pub saying aye but you should have been here last week it was glorious.
Ive high hopes for next week though.
drmarten 17 Apr 2015
In reply to buzby:

I've managed some cracking days on Skye and although Bla Bheinn eludes me I mustn't grumble. I might head up soon enough as I reckon May is the best month for decent weather on Skye, taking into account the midge. This high pressure looks to hold a wee bit yet - good luck.

Joak 17 Apr 2015
In reply to buzby:

> decent weather ? Honestly I think im jinxed when it comes to Skye,

> Ive high hopes for next week though.

I think you've finally put that Jinx to bed. If I wasn't legging it to Mallorca tomorrow I would be on my way to Skye with a rucksack brimming with optimism. Hope it all works out this time for you

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...