August holiday advice - late deals?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliot.baker 12 Apr 2015
Hello all, I want to go on holiday in August with my gf somewhere in the med like a Greek island or Italy, I want quiet beaches and nice little villages etc... would ideally want a small ish adults only/ couples resort near the coast.

Have been with Thomsons twice before and quite liked the service but was always out of season so was quite cheap, August is loads more expensive!

Does anyone have any experience of what late deals are like closer to the time in peak season, can you actually make a decent saving on a good holiday?

Does anyone have any other suggestions for cheaper holidays like that?

Thanks!
 ByEek 13 Apr 2015
In reply to elliot.baker:

August is summer holiday season. You won't get any deals and don't expect deserted beaches either. However, I have done Greek Island hopping a couple of times which is superb. Get flights to Santorina (beautiful) or Mykanos and if you want to get away from it all, get a ferry to Paros and then small boat to Antiparos (it is all very easy to do) and then just rent a room. Budget about €30 - €40 a night for accommodation plus meals out. The ferries are pretty cheap. Rooms are really easy to get - there are hordes of people waiting to greet you off the ferry offering rooms and all I have stayed in have been clean and comfortable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...