Advice wanted - Vango Banshee 2 person tent reviews

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SambucaHughes 11 Apr 2015
Looking at the Vango Banshee 2 person tent, does anybody have any feedback about them? Pros / cons ?
Cheers !
 Landy_Dom 11 Apr 2015
In reply to SambucaHughes:

I had one. Slightly short if you're a 6 footer. Inner first is less good but think they've changed that now. Build quality good. Ideal for one person but tight for two.
 malk 11 Apr 2015

hard to fault at the price. i chose it over the vango blade as it looked more sturdy for all-year use (although flatter top so not as good for shedding snow) and has double side entry. main porch space fine for one (fairly narrow, but high for cooking in) with some extra storage through a zip at the head (useful for extra tall people) and other side. i think i'll be using it without inner in summer (midge permitting)
i've only used it twice though..
 connor 11 Apr 2015

Great wee tent for a good price, however it is a bit tight for two people and kit. Lacking a bit of space for trying to do anything inside. The Pulsar 200, mirage 200 or banshee 300 are all be better options for two people on multi day trips.

johncook 11 Apr 2015

A nice all round little tent. Not too heavy. Just enough room for two if you don't wriggle. Tall enough to sit up and eat on rainy days. Good price. Have not tried it in extreme weather, but windy rainy Wales and high cold Alps in Autumn were fine. Can catch the snow if you don't tighten the tensioners properly. A footprint is useful as the groundsheet is fairly thin to keep the weight down.
 malk 11 Apr 2015
In reply to johncook:

i'm looking forward to testing mine to the limit. reckon it'll hold up well, although one review comment suggest the pole joints could be a weak link..

look how similarly shaped tents hold up here:
youtube.com/watch?v=FMZP5XwCWdg&
youtube.com/watch?v=UI-jTcjoRO8&
OP SambucaHughes 11 Apr 2015
Thanks for all the advice guys ! I think il be using it as a one man with kit ! Going to get one and give it a try anyway thanks !

Sam
 Neil Williams 11 Apr 2015

I had a Banshee 300 and it was fine, eventually a pole broke but that happens to all tents with bendy aluminium poles. But I would say go for the 300 (3-man) rather than the 200 for extra space, as it barely weighs any more.

Neil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...