La Sportiva Mountain boot usage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Corvus 06 Apr 2015
I'm about to pull the trigger on some La Sportiva Trango Alp Evo GTX for £176, and I'm reading La Sportiva's offical page which says that these boots bridge the gap between backpacking and mountaineering (http://www.lasportiva.com/en/mountaineering/mountaineering-man/search-for-l... I'm just wondering how much I should believe this, as I don't often spend that much on anything. If anyone has experience carrying weight on these boots, I would love to hear how they treated your feet.

As a side question, what gaiters would you reccomend for use in Norway in the summer and could possibly be used as well in Scotland come winter.

Thanks,
Daniel
In reply to Dan Webber:

Defo try them mate if you can I had a pair of these few years back when replacing a pair of Trusty Trango S booties I hated these there on a different last seemed to crush my feet and I just didn't feel as nimble in them just couldn't get on with them
Nothing like the Trango S boots which I loved and squeezed hundreds of Munro's and almost 10years from!

I have just pulled the trigger on a pair of the New Trango Cubes and there fantastic
Won't say there better than the trango s boots however I recon thus far just as comfortable and a little more suited to 4 season use
 TobyA 06 Apr 2015
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

So do all new Sportive boots come with triggers now? What do they fire? All sounds a bit James Bond/Q!
Corvus 07 Apr 2015
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

How do you find the Trango series during approach, looking to do the Trolltunga and Preikestolen trails ( 14 and 2 mile trails respectively) Rock and Run puts these boots as B0-B2, and Cotswold Outdoors put the Cubes as B2, if thats any help.
Corvus 07 Apr 2015
In reply to TobyA:

Think From Russia with Love, shoots out a metal barb to get stuck into the ice. Never know when it'll come in handy.
 TobyA 07 Apr 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...