Calling all non-Scottish winter climbers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ewan McKay 03 Apr 2015
Hello wonderful people of UKC. I am currently in my final Honours year of a degree in Adventure Tourism Management and am in the research stages of compiling my Dissertation project. For this I require any winter climbers who travel from south of the Scottish border and abroad to Scotland to partake in winter climbing to participate in a short on-line survey. Please find attached at the bottom a link to the survey that I would be very appreciative if you filled out. It would also benefit me to do either over the phone interviews or face-to-face interviews to ask a bit more about your winter climbing experiences, if anyone is in Fort William or the surrounding area in the near future and would be up for this please feel free to p.m. me, (I'll even throw in a few beers in the pub!), or if they could make a phone call also ping me a message.

Link: https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/2e3cd10

Thanks you for your time.

Ewan
 Dr.S at work 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Ewan McKay:

Done, I'm surprised you have not asked average/max grade, and number of years climbing as they would be interesting variables to aid analysis.
Cheers
OP Ewan McKay 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Dr.S at work:

Thanks for doing the survey. In retrospect the number of years would have been a good one to put in, can certainly mention that it in my recommendations. The max grade wouldn't have helped the overall aim of my dissertation though.

Cheers,

Ewan
 Exile 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Ewan McKay:

Done.

gergosantha 04 Apr 2015
In reply to Ewan McKay:

Done.
 Trangia 04 Apr 2015
In reply to Ewan McKay:

Done.

Your question about the balance between climbing and your job is irrelevant to a retired person! The retired must account for a fairly high proportion of climbers. This may or may not influence your findings because the retired are not necessarily under similar holiday time restraints as to those who are working and only have a limited amount of leave available?

Good luck.
abseil 04 Apr 2015
In reply to Ewan McKay:

Done, good luck.
In reply to Ewan McKay:

Done. Need reading glasses and found it difficult to read the text in avalanche section. Tried to increase the zoom level but didn't seem to work. Good thought provoking questions - well done. Need to do some more revision before next season!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...