Family mountain tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 George Fisher 31 Mar 2015
Now this may not exist, but..

Is there a 2 compartment 4 person tent that doesn't weigh 25kg and take up the whole of a car boot..

Here's the tricky bit... Doesn't cost £600+

It will be mainly car camping but I'd like to be able to stick it in a canoe or on my back for a short hike for some wild camping. It doesn't need to be a full 4 season beast but it like to be able to pitch it in a bit of wind and it stay up.

I tried an Alpkit Zohta which was very good but 2 compartments would be better.

Your thoughts?? Thank you.
 scruff 31 Mar 2015
In reply to George Fisher:

Vaude Division Dome

Bought for similar purposes - but for 2+3. Experience suggests more stable then the "valley two season" use recommended on the packet but I suspect not in the league of the Alpkit Zohta.
 raincloud 31 Mar 2015
In reply to scruff:

wild country family khamsin
 iksander 31 Mar 2015

Wild Country Aspect 4 if you can find one
OP George Fisher 31 Mar 2015

Aspect 4 and Khamsin both seem to be discontinued.

Any other contenders? decathlon have a Khamsin look a like. I'm not really inspired by the thought of a £99 tent for much bad whether...
 marsbar 31 Mar 2015

My personal solution is a giant car camping tent with compartments, and a smaller tent for hiking etc. If you look in the sales you should be able to get both for not too much.
 raincloud 01 Apr 2015

family khamsin renamed khamsin 4+ a quick google search brings up several shops that still have stock
a friend of mine has one and i have an old style one ; both have been really good ; mine stood up to a terrific storm a few years ago when many other tents on the site had been flattened!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...