What trousers....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 midweekjolly2 28 Mar 2015
Just a picking peoples brains thread
Am after a warm waterproof pant with lots of venting to stop overheat on approach etc- only key feature MUST be available in 32 waist and 34 plus leg!
Anyone care to recommend any?
 Andrew Lodge 28 Mar 2015
In reply to midweekjolly2:

Paramo cascada's?
OP midweekjolly2 28 Mar 2015
In reply to Andrew Lodge:

Thanks - nice trousers but unfortunately even their long is only 31 inch!
 Tricadam 29 Mar 2015

If you need the Cascadas longer than the long version, get in touch with Paramo. They'll highly likely be able to do you a customised version for maybe 30 or 40 quid extra.

And +1 the Cascadas: best piece of outdoor kit I have ever owned, bar none.
 nathan79 29 Mar 2015

Paramo's long is 33". Didn't think 31" sounded right. 33" still sounds too short for you so a modified/custom pair likely the way to go.

BnB 29 Mar 2015

Cioch Direct on Skye will make Paramo-based clothing to measure for you.

http://www.cioch-direct.co.uk/introduction/welcome.html
OP midweekjolly2 29 Mar 2015

thanks never knew you get paramo mtm!
 Rick Graham 29 Mar 2015

I use ski sallopettes ( £30 from Keswick bargain shops ).

Perfect for Scottish winter for me. Ideal temperature control and good movement.
Warm enough when belaying, no need for long johns. Vents for walk in. Not sure if totally waterproof but if its cold enough to climb, do they really need to be?
estivoautumnal 29 Mar 2015

How about shorts for wet approaches and change into trousers when you arrive? A hillwalking companion of mine used to overheat seriously and he wore shorts, tee-shirt and umbrella for 3 seasons of the year.
 Jamie B 29 Mar 2015

Another vote for Cioch. Great kit, great service.
 Milesy 30 Mar 2015
They cost a bit, but I use Millet Alpinist sallopettes - http://www.millet.fr/en/products/fall-winter-2012-2013/mens-pants/alpin-gtx...

They have braces, and not quite a bib but a fairly high waist well above any other layers and you get your upper body layers tucked in as well. You can vent them pretty much all the way down or just zip them on top of your walk in layer when you get up depending on conditions. Crampons patches, internal gaiters. I love them and they have served me a few years now.
 angry pirate 30 Mar 2015

I am 32" waist and 33" inside leg and I have medium long Cascadas which fit nicely so +1 on the shout above.
That said, they only have a single flap behind the leg zips so in strong wind rain gets blown through the zips and my legs get wet. Needs pretty severe weather to do it mind.
I use the aspira trousers in medium long and they are the business in winter. Mine were dirt cheap off here and riddled with crampon hole repairs. Still keep weather out perfectly and I'm not precious using them.
OP midweekjolly2 30 Mar 2015

Thanks , I like the look of the millets range and they are very long!
For the record paramo don't do mtm but will lengthen legs, just ask them, so again thanks for that advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...