Winter sleeping bag for charity event

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jamie jay 27 Mar 2015
Hi folks, just done a charity street sleep with The Brick Wigan for the homeless where volunteers slept out on the streets to raise awareness and money for the homeless..
The thin small sleeping bag I had to use was totally inadequate and I froze and got soaked, as all we had was a piece of cardboard to put on the floor.
I am doing the event again but desperately need a good winter modern sleeping bag, waterproof or water resistant if possible, but any good warm one would be ace as I could use a waterproof cover from the £1 shop. Anyone with a warm sleeping bag gathering dust in a cupboard that you don't need, please consider letting me have it as it would allow me to raise more money for the homeless without me catching pneumonia lol. I am the Wigan area and could collect if you were around this area. I have photos of the event to prove I did do it. Thanks for your time reading this anyway.
 Pids 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Jamie jay:

Sigh
Sounds like you need to get one of these to lie on top of http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/survival-accessories/survival-access...

Or even just a large sheet of plastic, then stick you cardboard down

It's great that you are helping to raise awareness for a charity, just try use some common sense and you may get some more credit and much more needed funds
 Timmd 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Pids:
Common sense to me would be to use a z rest sleeping mat or something like that, rather than what's essentially plastic sheeting to use for thermal insulation from the ground.

I guess common sense means different things to different people...
Post edited at 21:42
In reply to Jamie jay:

Jamie Jay, I have an oldish 4/5 season bag snugpak discovery deluxe, it's clean pretty beat up but fuctional still. I've been warm enough in -30 in Norway with bivvy bag and tent. I've just scheduled it to list on ebay for sunday night, but i'd donate to a suitable cause, I'm in Barnsley, it would cost me about £6 to post to Wigan.
Post edited at 21:52
 Pids 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Timmd:

> Common sense to me would be to use a z rest sleeping mat or something like that, rather than what's essentially plastic sheeting to use for thermal insulation from the ground.

> I guess common sense means different things to different people...

Yup, I'm guessing you never read the bit about the cardboard on top of the plastic sheet?

Instead of a z rest sleeping mat I would recommend a 15 tog duvet on top of Egyptian cotton sheets on a orthopaedic mattress on a sleigh bed within a fully insulated capsule that you gently plonk down on the mean street of Wigan

Oh dear
 Timmd 27 Mar 2015
In reply to Pids:
The cardboard could go over the Z rest to keep things looking authentic (;~))
Post edited at 22:30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...