Stuff Lost in Avalanche

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hello all,

My friend was injured and airlifted from an avalanche in/near Fiacaill Couloir in Coire an t'Sneachda, (Northern Cairngorms) earlier in the season.

I posted at the time, but given that everything is starting to melt I thought I would again.

If anyone is in the area and finds a RED BERGHAUS ARETE RUCKSACK, or pair of ORANGE BLACK DIAMOND VIPERS (Ice Axes) please can you contact me on this thread (or on: zero seven nine seven nine nine four one three three three)?

Thank-you very much!
Post edited at 13:15
 steve.mullan 31 Mar 2015
In reply to LibS:

Hi everyone,

Location of the rucksack is to the left of goat track before you reach Aladdin's buttress.
Thanks to all those out having a look, it is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Steve
 Milesy 31 Mar 2015
In reply to steve.mullan:

So not at the location in the first message? Sorry it is a little confusing. Left or right of goat track?

I was at fluted buttress area two weeks ago when the snow level was more spring-like and there was no sign so if it is there then it is under fairly packed neve now and might be another month or before you see anything unless there is a turbo thaw.
 Kimberley 31 Mar 2015
In reply to steve.mullan:

So Steve, just be be clear the gear is nowhere near where you were rescued from ie the location described originally by Libs.

A description left of Goat track gully to Alladins buttress is a huge distance ie most of the crag!!
In reply to LibS:

Apologies for the confusion everybody. I was purely going on the information I was given by my friend, and Steve's girlfriend, about where he'd been avalanched but she doesn't winter climb much so probably got confused.
 steve.mullan 10 Apr 2015
In reply to Kimberley:

Sorry I realise that was very vague, I'm pretty sure it was below the spiral gully start. Not quite as high as the start but around there. I hope that helps and thank you to all who are keeping an eye out, it is very much appreciated.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...