Synthetic Vest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alpenglow 19 Mar 2015
Looking for a some kind of synthetic vest as a booster layer in the alps and a midlayer in scottish winter.

I've seen discounted Haglofs Barrier III Vest and ME Compressor Vest.

I'm fairly slim and tall - can anyone tell me about the cut of the above two items?

Cheers.
 thedatastream 19 Mar 2015
In reply to blue_sundown:

Montane Prism Gilet?
OP Alpenglow 19 Mar 2015
In reply to thedatastream:

Are the pockets insulated both sides?
In reply to blue_sundown: Been looking for similar and found the Patagonia Nano Puff vest was a very nice fit. I'm 5'10", slim build and that was a size Small.

The Rab Strata? Vest is also an option and thanks to the stretch side panels it is fairly easy to alter the side seams to get a perfect fit. (Saw one last month another climber had done this to.)

Don't know about the others.

HTH
 aldo56 19 Mar 2015
Go outdoors do a Primaloft vest from their own North Ridge range. I just got one and it seems pretty solid, especially compaired to the prices of the other vests on the market.
Post edited at 14:58
 thedatastream 19 Mar 2015

Yes, can't tell if its double thickness, feels slightly less on the outside. Still effective handwarmer pockets. I'm wearing it right now!
 fire_munki 19 Mar 2015

I love my nano puff gilet, so much so I got one with arms too! I'm slim(ish) but not that tall but I'd think they might work. Where abouts are you, if you want to check it out I'm near Plymski.
 Mark Haward 19 Mar 2015

+1 for Nano Puff. Primaloft 1, packs very small, attaches to a harness for quick access on a climbing route. I have sleeveless as my booster layer and used it loads.
 AlanLittle 19 Mar 2015
I'm 6', 40" chest and have the Haglöfs vest in an L. It's a good length, well down over the hips and buttocks, roomy enough to fit comfortably over a Vapour Rise but not baggy.

Super useful piece of kit, recommend it highly.
Post edited at 19:13

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...