Czech climbing trousers, check pattern, patched...help

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 18 Mar 2015
Every Czech/Eastern european climber I've come across has a pair of check patterned, patched cotton climbing trousers. Does anyone know where I can buy these online?

Looking at getting some 'climbing' trousers but Moon, E9 and Patagucci are pricey, hoping these are available for cheap.

Robert
In reply to Roberttaylor:

These sound like Think Pink ones? These? Scroll down a bit

http://www.ilgiornaledellusso.it/2012/02/07/pensare-rosa-dalla-montagna-all...
OP Roberttaylor 18 Mar 2015
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Spot on.
nikkormat 18 Mar 2015

The ones the Czechs wear are usually Rejoice brand. They are comfortable and feel durable, but the pair I had fell apart within six months; it was as if the fabric rotted. I've had other stuff from the same brand, and it's very good quality, so maybe I had a duff pair.
cb294 18 Mar 2015
In reply to nikkormat:

Guess you got a fake pair. I had the same with Mammut climbing trousers I bought over the internet.

CB
 Toerag 18 Mar 2015

Direct Alpine or Bailo? Also try Think Pink as suggested above. It's quite noticeable that Italian climbing/outdoor shops used to have a good selection of brightly coloured 'patch' trousers made by European manufacturers, but recently everything has become dominated by the worldwide brands like North Face and Salewa and as such the UK-style black/grey trousers have become the norm .
I have an awesome pair of patch trousers in one colour by Bula of Norway but they don't seem to make them anymore .
miho 18 Mar 2015

I got mine from Hudy Sport many years ago. They do mailorder as well: hudy.cz

Mike
 myrddinmuse 13 Apr 2015

I've got a pair my sister bought from Prague, they've lasted me very well, very comfortable, until recently a spark from a campfire burnt a hole in my pair. The brand is "Carra" and I've been scouring the web for another pair, but I just can't find any. It's killing me!
 Doug 14 Apr 2015
In reply to myrddinmuse:

I have a pair of trousers bought in Andorra which a Slovak colleague tells me are from a well known (at least in Slovakia, I'd never heard of them) Polish company - Milo. Been very good but starting to show signs of age (after > 5 years).
 ianstevens 14 Apr 2015

Almost certainly not the ones you mean, but take a look a Troll trousers as well. The best (most garish) patterns often have the largest discounts as well!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...