PRODUCT NEWS: Marmot Does... Mountain Packs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 16 Mar 2015
Lond Hauler Duffle XL, 3 kb

The mountain pack. Whether you are hiking up to the base of a route, climbing multi-pitch madness in the mountains or stuffing as much kit into one place as possible ready for the adventure of a lifetime, a good mountain pack/rucksack is a wonderful & crucial thing. How do YOU, define it?

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=7048
 galpinos 16 Mar 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

This seems to be missing info? The Eiger Summit, how many litres and what's the weight, I'm not sure what _g means......
 JayPee630 16 Mar 2015
In reply to galpinos:

Indeed, and also that was the worst example of that horrible 'matey/faux comedy' advertising genre speak I've seen for ages. Sack the advert writer.
 Marmot UK 19 Mar 2015
In reply to galpinos:

Well spotted - thanks for pointing that out. It would seem that we uploaded a version without those details added (We will change it asap). FYI Eiger Summit weighs around 340g and is an 18litre pack.

All the best,

Marmot UK
 Andy Hardy 19 Mar 2015
In reply to Marmot UK:

By 'that really fast Swiss bloke' you will want everyone to think 'Ueli Steck', but by not mentioning his name presumably he doesn't get any money. Does that seem right to you?
 Marmot UK 19 Mar 2015
In reply to Andy Hardy:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the message. That certainly wasn't our intention. The reason we didn't name drop Ueli Steck was because we thought "...that really fast Swiss bloke" was more fitting with the tone of the article. Hope that clears it up for you.

Thanks again,

Marmot UK
 JayPee630 20 Mar 2015
In reply to Marmot UK:

The tone that's a rubbish attempt to be matey and comical? Seriously, it's not just me, that fake friendly/best mates/banter advertising copy is shit!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...