Camera CD won't run on Windows 8

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 14 Mar 2015
Couple of years ago I bought a Fuji HS30EXR. At the time I still had Windows XP. I now have Windows 8.1 and need to refer to the CD. However when I load it I get the message that it needs Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7. I now have no access to XP, Vista or W7

Anyone know any solution please?
 Lord_ash2000 14 Mar 2015
In reply to FesteringSore:

I expect anything you might want can be downloaded from their website http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/support/consumer-products/digital-cameras/
 rallymania 16 Mar 2015

came from the other thread...

right so you have the CD's that it came with?

i'm not great with windows 8 as i don't have a copy so the exact method will be slightly different

put the cd in... it may well auto run... close the autorun program.

using windows explorer, locate your computers cd drive, right click on the drive and in the pop up context menu select "explore" or "browse"

hopefully there should be a file on the CD called something like "setup.exe"
right click on that and in the context menu click "properties"

this should open a dialogue box with some tabs along the top, click on the tab that says compatibliity. there should be a "wizard" that will help you choose the best version of windows you want it to pretend to be.

as a warning it might turn out to be a bit more colicated than this... there is another way which i'll post an overview of next
 rallymania 16 Mar 2015

run a virtual machine inside windows

check microsoft first to see if they do a version for your version of windows

if not,

VMware do a free vmplayer that might be all you need

i'm sorry i haven't got the time just now to post more details on how to make that work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...