How to fit Silvretta Easy Go ski crampons?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mlt 10 Mar 2015
Hi,

I recently bought some ski crampons to fit on my Silvretta Easy Go bindings... but I really can't figure out how to fit them and it's hard to find information on the internet. The basically seem like they would fit fine, provided the horizontal plastic mount for the brakes (which I don't use) wasn't in the way... Can the plastic brake mount be removed? Is it supposed to be (permanently) removed in order to fit the ski crampons?!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt
 top cat 10 Mar 2015
In reply to mlt:

There are at least two types of easy go bindings and thay take different crampons. I have the 555 and used to have the 505, different crampons.]

The brake bar you refer to is used by the crampons as well. That's where it clips to, having being located in the forward part to the binding plate.

If you are struggling you most probably have the wrong bindings. It's very easy otherwise!
OP mlt 10 Mar 2015
In reply to top cat:

Hey,

Thanks for the fast reply. The ones I have are like this: http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/516/medium/IMG_1384.jpg

I've got the Silvretta 500 Easy Go bindings. Any idea what the ski crampon should look like? I've been wrongly sold a pair by someone saying they should fit easily...

Cheers,

Matt
 top cat 10 Mar 2015
In reply to mlt:

I don't recognise the type in the photo link, could they be for the Pure bindings?
OP mlt 10 Mar 2015
In reply to top cat:

Hmmm, nope I don't think they're for the Pure bindings because supposedly they look like this http://www.bergzeit.de/silvretta-pure-harscheisen/
 top cat 10 Mar 2015
In reply to mlt:

The plot thickens: the second link shows crampons exactly like the ones I have for the 555 binding which has the brake bar across between the carbon rods. And it fits very easily!

I still think the first shows Pure, the second is an error. ?
pedalhop 12 Mar 2015
In reply to top cat:

The crampons you bought are for the early versions of the 500(black and grey) and the 505(black and yellow) without the "brake Bar". The rear attachment occurs when the black locking button is turned 90 degrees and clamps onto the carbon rails. The later model 500 (grey and blue) with the "brake bar" require the crampons show in the link: http://www.bergzeit.de/silvretta-pure-harscheisen. These crampons attach to the "brake bar" with the flip of a rectangular wire bail, they do not clamp on to the carbon rails. This style also work with all bindings in the Silvretta Pure line.
The later style crampon attachment is much preferred because you can attach and remove the crampons with your boot still in the binding. A very desirable feature! So I think you need to sell the incorrect type you recently purchased and get the proper version for your kit.
-Cheers

OP mlt 16 Mar 2015
In reply to pedalhop:

Thanks a lot for this reply! Very helpful from you all. I think I've found a company that still sell the Pure version called sportmacher.com. However, they seem to think the Pure ski crampon won't fit it. However, like you've just suggested, I really think it will as well, so I'm going to go ahead and order them

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...