running and prednisolone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 04 Mar 2015
does anyone know if prednisolone will have a positive, negative or no effect on long distance running if only taken on race day (not long term use)?
 zimpara 04 Mar 2015
In reply to ow arm:

None as far as I'm aware. Particularly if you take it once only on race day.
Tramadol is not particularly hard to get a hold of.
 d conacher 04 Mar 2015
In reply to ow arm:

if your not taking it daily you will definitely have extra energy(possible personal best),i take it daily for lupus,prednisolone is like a wonga loan the payback is massive.how many mg are you taking.
dougie.
 d conacher 04 Mar 2015
In reply to zimpara:

I take it your not talking from experience
 ianstevens 04 Mar 2015
In reply to ow arm:
Seeing as its use is banned in athletics by the WADA... I can only assume they think it will make you run faster.

Obviously this is an academic interest?
Post edited at 14:19
OP The Potato 04 Mar 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

no a friend is joining me on a long run and he has a condition that occasionally needs corticosteroids to manage especially during periods of stress, and physical exertion over a certain distance e.g. 40 miles also triggers the problem.
 JohnnyW 04 Mar 2015
In reply to ow arm:

If he has anything like wot I have, Ulcerative Colitis, it won't make a jot of difference. I mean, unless you're a pro, it's hardly an issue is it?
And if he does have something like UC, then the positive effects will way outstrip anything negative!
OP The Potato 04 Mar 2015
In reply to JohnnyW:
thats what we thought, but even with a bit of medical knowledge I cant tell him for sure that pred wont cause him to bonk quicker or cause dehydration etc, but unlikely.
Yes UC like you.
Post edited at 19:43
 ianstevens 04 Mar 2015
In reply to ow arm:

If it means they can finish without keeling over, then surely the performance difference is irrelevant?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...