Nepal Evo 'bite' in front of foot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 /tmp 03 Mar 2015
Brought a new pair of Nepal Evo's after trying them on some time ago and seemed ok but since getting these they really bite on the top of my foot/ankle when the boot folds as I walk. Especially noticable when walking up/down stairs.

Anyone else had this problem, is there anything to be done or is it time to take them back?
cb294 03 Mar 2015
In reply to /tmp:

Take out the tongue and adjust it backwards (should be fixed by velcro). I have them set in entirely different positions for my left and right foot for this problem exactly (disclaimer: my boots are older Nepals, not Evos).

CB
 nniff 03 Mar 2015
In reply to /tmp:

yes. Right foot's fine. Left not so good. It gets better as they break in as the 'hinge' forms fully in the leather. I get a weedy blister on my left heel too, which never amounts to much.
OP /tmp 05 Mar 2015
In reply to nniff:

How bad was it to start/how much better did it get? After stomping up and down my stairs twice I feel like I'm ready to take them off or have to really modify my step in a way thats probably not compatible with propper walking. I guess I can't imagine my self ascending a steep snow slope or something in their current state.
 nniff 05 Mar 2015
In reply to /tmp:

very uncomfortable, but the hinges do form and so it eases off. I had to modify the lacing pattern, they're now twisted over at ankle level, fiddled with the tongue position and put some volume reducers in. They're fine now really, just not as comfortable as my Cumbres were. The weedy blister is probably down to first wear of the year because it never amounts to much
In reply to /tmp:
Tricky. Lots of room for manoeuvre with diffferent insoles/lacing systems/tongue positions/socks but Sportiva certainly don't fit everyone even though they cornered the market a few years ago. Sportiva certainly suit those with lower volume and narrow feet but Scarpa/Zamberlan suit those with wider/higher feet. Maybe consider taking them back?
Post edited at 14:53
 pass and peak 05 Mar 2015
In reply to /tmp:

Had exactly the same problem with my new evo's and my old extremes, the top of the boot would dig into my lower shin at the point of the top lace point. Helps to have the tongue higher, tape the shin and after several outings they settled down and are fine now. But agree with other posts if they don't fit in other places take them back and change them for something else before they get the used look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...