Video of Scotland's mountains

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark123 27 Feb 2015
Here's my rather gentle video (3 minutes) of some classic hillwalking views in Scotland over the last 10 months. All the seasons are covered, although winter 2015 features most. If you're up for a challenge - try to figure out the mountains that each film was taken from- there's a few tricky ones, especially at 17 seconds!
youtube.com/watch?v=_twtTKF-8Wc&
 Jack Frost 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Mark123:

Trollabhal @ 17seconds?
 Billhook 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Mark123:

I like it - and the relaxing music. But I would have liked a bit slower panning as it was difficult to take in those shots where you did pan quickly.

Good shots of ptarmagin, raven and mountain hare!
 Jack Frost 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Mark123:

Some great views in there and good conditions too. I wonder if you could alternate the panning from clockwise to anti-clockwise? Even if you always record it clockwise on the hill, when it comes to the edit you could play it in reverse for the insert.
OP Mark123 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Jack Frost:
Thanks Jack, good point on alternating the panning, I'll try that next time. And well spotted too on identifying the Rum summit - although I thought the spelling was Trallval not Trollabhal. However it's spelled - it's a magnificent 700m summit and viewpoint- and shows that height isn't everything!
Post edited at 19:53
OP Mark123 27 Feb 2015
In reply to Dave Perry:

Thanks Dave, Yes, I agree on the panning speed too. I'll try to get a better (slower) speed for better viewing next time. Glad you liked the wildlife too - it's often a highlight on the hills for me.
 BusyLizzie 28 Feb 2015
In reply to Mark123:

Thank you - really lovely to see that, here in my armchair in flatland!
L

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...