Filling in GSB holes in boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 26 Feb 2015
I have a pair of Scarpa Cumbres with the hole in the front of the boot for GSB system crampons. I use G14s so I have glued the plastic plug into the GSB hole.

This was fine but with general use the front part of the plug has worn off leaving a little nick in the front of the boot. This isn't a huge issue at all when using crampons but I recently started using approach skis with my boots and want to beef up this front part of the rand a little bit.

What glue/substance would people recommend for building this nick up to the level of the rest of the rand?

R
 Mike-W-99 26 Feb 2015
In reply to Roberttaylor:

I have the same boots and was contemplating using Sugru to fill in the holes.
 PPP 26 Feb 2015

Any flexible glue will probably do. I would probably use a blue tack to fill it and then tape it over as there's no way to damage it!
 nniff 27 Feb 2015

I'd go for tough and straightforward - Araldite.

Fancier options are Sugru (as above) or Seam Grip (everyone should have a tube of it in the fridge)
OP Roberttaylor 02 Mar 2015
In reply to prog99:

Ah, I hadn't thought of that!

Cheers
 Andy Morley 02 Mar 2015

Hot-melt glue is good for this sort of job. It comes it sticks, you apply it through an electric glue-gun (£15 from Screwfix), it's flexible and sticks like sh*t to a blanket. It's also very good for gluing rawlplugs into not very good holes in dodgy walls, mending broken dashboard or light-fitting components in cars (if the can't be seen), ditto cane furniture etc. etc. Don't spill any on your skin while it's hot though.

PS Screwfix don't do the glue-sticks themselves any more, so try Toolstation for these and the gun.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...