Trail running shoes from decathlon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 drolex 25 Feb 2015
I see that decathlon has a line of trail running/off-road shoes. Anybody has some experience with them and know if they are worth looking at?
 redscotti 25 Feb 2015
In reply to drolex:

Can't help but giving this a bump as I'd be interested too.
 GDes 25 Feb 2015
In reply to redscotti:

I have a pair and been very happy with them. Not as unbelievably lightweight as some more expensive ones, but for 40 euro's I'm fine with that. Had them for a year of fairly regular use, and still going strong.
 yorkshireman 25 Feb 2015
In reply to drolex:

You mean the Kalenji ones? That's their line of running stuff and I have a tonne of it (but not trail shoes - I use Brooks).

I was in there a couple of hours ago actually but was toying with buying some Salomon as I want something with a bit more grip when the snow melts and it gets muddy. I've been burned with buying cheap trail shoes before (Karrimor) but that doesn't mean they can't be good.
 digby 25 Feb 2015
In reply to yorkshireman:
I wrote a wee review a few months ago...
A trail shoe, but with pronounced studs that gripped well on a bit of everything today - Pentland paths, hard packed snow, mud, steep slopes. A slight feeling that the heel might pull off in sticky mud, like Walshes. The sizing seems small; the odd 45&one third size seems about the same as the 44.5 in Mudclaws. The sole feels like hard plastic, so I would imagine will wear well. They feel hard underfoot too - not too much padding. The sole does not bend readily so on steep slopes it's harder to go up on your toes. Seem like good value though.
Post edited at 16:46
OP drolex 25 Feb 2015
In reply to yorkshireman:

Yes all the Kalenji Kapteren or Kiprun. http://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-825600-mens-trail-running-shoes/N-163560-brand...
They also look slightly less colourful than the other brands, which is an added bonus.

OP drolex 25 Feb 2015
In reply to digby:

Ah thanks for that!
 Wsdconst 25 Feb 2015
In reply to drolex:

I've got 2 pair of kalenji from decathlon one for the treadmill and one for outside.im not a hardcore runner I maybe do 5k three times a week.i was really surprised how good they are,don't know about long distance but for a short run I'd definately recommend them
 PPP 25 Feb 2015
In reply to drolex:

I use Kalenji Eliorun for road/treadmill running and volleyball (get used one-three times a week). While Karrimor/Nike/whatever else I had didn't last long, Kalenjis are going strong after a year or so!

I got them off eBay for a tenner, but they are definitely worth the RRP. Shoelaces seemed to be quite weak, but there is no significant wear on them (I had few accidents involving shoelaces over last couple of years where I even managed to tear them in half while tying my shoes, but these seemed to be too strong!).
In reply to drolex:

I'm now on my 2nd pair of these and had the XT2 model before them-

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/kiprun-trail-xt5-ss15-blue-id_8324505.html

I must have at least 10 pairs of off-road trail/fell running shoes all from top manufactures and these are the ones I choose to run in.

The uppers wear out before the soles but that happens with most of my running shoes (not sure why though!)

Hope that helps.

Dave D.
 redscotti 26 Feb 2015
Thanks for all the comments. Very helpful.
 Gael Force 26 Feb 2015
In reply to redscotti:

I've had 2 pairs , really good kit..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...