Not another waterproof forum

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi everyone,

My paramo velez adventure smock is starting to show signs of terminal wear (A few rips and tears here and there).
I am starting to look at what replacements are available. I like the paramo system and it works well for me, anyone have any recommendations for other styles/options or should I just get another velez? ( the paramo range seems to have extended quite a bit since I was last in the market)

girlymonkey 18 Feb 2015
In reply to An Exiled Northerner:

if you are buying new, are you aware of Paramo's recycling scheme? You can trade the old one in for a £50 voucher of a new one, and your old one will either be repaired and sold cheaply, or materials recycled.
As for styles, I'd try lots on and see what you like. My husband wears the enduro and likes it, but it's a heavier one than the velez
 Trangia 18 Feb 2015

Having tried The North Face Gortex jackets, Berghaus Gortex, and Regatta's and Peter Storm's own breathable waterproofs, all of which were OK at first, but finally gave out I discovered Paramo and am hooked. Much easier to keep clean and waterproofed, and unlike the others regular re-proofing actually works!

My only con so far as Paramo is concerned is the weight and the fact that it is "hot" to wear - too well insulated for Summer wear.
 Timmd 18 Feb 2015
In reply to Trangia:
I guess with pit zips in many Goretex waterproof jackets, that they can stop beading quite as well isn't as important as it mght be, so long as the rain doesn't actually get through the fabric.

Just a thought tangental thought which has occured to me, more than a comment intended to be for or against a perticular kind of waterproof...
Post edited at 16:52

I was aware of the paramo recycle scheme and I have located my local participating retailer. I would like other people's opinions on their newer garments if anyone has them out there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...