An exciting Via Ferrata Multi Day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tizer 12 Feb 2015
Hi Guys,

While I wait for my guidebook to arrive, I wondered whether anyone had any recommendations for an exciting multi day trip? Ideally, I'd like to climb all day (grade 3/4), sleep high in a refuge or bivi hut then continue for a second day. I'll be based around the North, Central & East Dolomites. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

tizer

James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 12 Feb 2015
In reply to tizer:

Sorapiss circuit is worth a look and once you're away from the lake rarely frequented.

Ivano Dibona into Marino Bianchi is good fun, or the other way around if you prefer.

Col dei Bos into Lipella into Punta Anna is superb...

Plenty of long circuits in the Brenta and Pala as well. The Pala in particular lends itself well to multi day VF trecking.

Have fun!
OP tizer 12 Feb 2015
In reply to James Rushforth:

Thanks James, I'll check those out now.
 Casa Alfredino 12 Feb 2015
In reply to tizer:

Start at Karrerpass, do the denti di Diablo then the Rotwand, then stay at Rifugio Fronza or if you are feeling energetic to the Santnerpass VF and stay at Rif Vaijolet. In the morning traverse the Cantenaccio d'antemoia and then back to the valley. Or do a traverse of the Sella group via one of the many routes and down a VF on the other side. Or do the VF eterna, then back down across the glacier to Rifugio Fiaconi and do the west ridge to the summit the next day. Or do the Civetta VF's. Even the Alleghesi is a long day - apparently the Tissi is longer and harder... So yes. it's more than possible!
 Oujmik 13 Feb 2015
In reply to James Rushforth:

> Sorapiss circuit is worth a look and once you're away from the lake rarely frequented.

This looked like an absolute epic of a VF journey, I haven't done it but having visited the Sorapiss massif and stared up trying to spot cables, it looks awesome. I can imagine that once you leave the comfort of the lake it quickly becomes very remote, probably much more so than most other VFs as you are committing to a long circuit. Also, no reliance on chairlifts so would give a more self-sufficient feel.

Toerag 13 Feb 2015
In reply to tizer:
Ones I've done:-
You can do an overnight on the Sella massif - we went up VF Brigadata Tridentina, stayed in Sella hut, then down VF Vallon and up VF Piz Da Lech the next day. Near Cortina you can go up VF Rene Da Pol and stay in the Cristallo hut, then descend the VF Ivano Dibona the next day, fitting in the short Cristallo summit one on whichever day you have time.
One I've done parts of:-
In the Brenta you could go up the Groste cable car and do VF Bernini & SOSAT one day to Rif Alimonta, then VF Fellice Spellini & Oswaldo Orsi the next and stay in the Tuckett hut, then VF Bochette Alte/Centrale on the third day. There's more VF off the ends of that area where you could add a couple of days onto your tour.
Dunno anywhere where you'd get more days pure VF than that without going down to pass or valley level. In Austria you could look at the Lechtaler Hohenweg - more high walking than VF, but you could do 8 days.
Post edited at 23:01

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...