HELP: Petzl LYNX toe bails replacements..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi all,

I have the Petzl LYNX crampons but have recently lost the steel toe bails. Does anyone know where I could get replacements from? -I can't seem to find anywhere that sells just the bails. I'm Edinburgh-based. Get in touch if you can help =], Thanks.
 NottsRich 01 Feb 2015
In reply to Charlie Edwards:

Call Lyon Equipment. They'll give you an answer.
 Jonny Allen 02 Feb 2015
In reply to Charlie Edwards:
If you get no joy with/from Lyon, try Needlesports.

They have by far the most expansive selection of toe bails/crampon accessories I've seen anywhere, and useful information to go with them all. I'd be surprised if you told me you have looked there with no luck.

If they don't do one explicitly for the Petzl lynx, they prob mention which other one does fit them (Grivel have to make a very wide variety of toe bails as they both have so many crampons, and also, they want to cater for all boot types [skinny asymmetrics, and regular] ) And if not you could try giving them a call. I reckon they'd be willing to have someone take a pair apart and check which other make fits. They can be pretty helpful that way in my experience.

Climbing companies have a habit of making it sound like you're risking certain death if you don't use only their parts with their products, but I reckon that's largely BS if you find another make that fit very well.
Post edited at 08:03

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...