Long winter walk-ideas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 29 Jan 2015
I fancy going for a long (3-4 days) walk some time after the 13th of next month (free for two weeks then). Suggestions?

Must be accessible by train or bus from Edinburgh to start/finish, willing to hitch if necessary.

I'm an experienced winter climber, fairly fit and have all the requisite kit.

Considering Blair Athol to Aviemore at the moment.

Robert
 Heike 29 Jan 2015
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Glenfinnan to Glen Dessary to Inverie Knoydart - ferry back to Mallaig and then train back to Edinburgh. Lots of bothies on the way, great hills and scenery
In reply to Roberttaylor:

Corrour to Ft William? Via hills if possible, 3 days wouldn't be excessive if so. By the glens it's more like 2 days I guess.

Or what about something like Strathcarron to Garve, or Beauly maybe, via whatever you fancied along the way? That'd be pretty remote, and plenty of quality winter hills to choose from. Could easily fill 3 or 4 long days.
 veteye 30 Jan 2015
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

I would look at the map and consider the Corrour stop aiming to do a circular walk involving the Loch Ossian youth hostel,the bothy near Stob Ban(Grey corries) whose name I cannot remember and maybe the Steall hut (you would need to contact the custodian)and then back to Staoineag(spelling?).I would just get the maps out based on that area.Alternatively look at the maps round Glen Affric/Glen Shiel.
The trip to Inverie also sounds good,but I would look at the precipitation prospects first.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...