Ski mountaineering in the Dolomites

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mtom91 20 Jan 2015
HI,

Can anyone recommend any good ski mountaineering days/multi days out in the Dolomites of any difficulty. I dont really care what part as i will travel.

Thanks
 Kimberley 20 Jan 2015
In reply to mtom91:

visit moutaintracksdot com for an example
 Kean 20 Jan 2015
In reply to mtom91:
What's doable will depend a great deal on snow conditions and when you're coming, what sort of height gain you have in mind and how steep you want to ski. I'm based near the southern Dolomites so my selection is skewed towards that area.
Lots on Pordoi: Val mesdi using the pordoi cable car (you have to figure out how to get back to your car again though)
Tofane di rozes: usually done late season.
Marmolada several routes: the most classic: punta Penia, punta rocca, forcella marmolada, piccolo vernel
From Passo San pellegrino: forca rossa, cima Cadine, cima ombrettola
From San Martino di Castrozza: Monte Mulaz, piccolo colbricon, grande colbricon,
From Misurina near Tre Cime: forcella del diavolo, forcella de la Neve

My favourite area is the Lagorai range, which has so much good stuff but tricky to find the starts without a local to help...when are you coming out? I'm out pretty much every weekend.
Post edited at 21:08
 James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 21 Jan 2015
In reply to kean:

Pretty much what Kean said. I'll add Pelmo in as one of the best ski mountaineering objectives in the Dolomites. Current conditions are good for the up, not so good for the down...

I'd recommend Enrico and Francesco's book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scialpinismo-Dolomiti-65-itinerari-traversate/dp/88...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...