Boot warranty or options (from 2012!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dan_S 19 Jan 2015
The sole unit on my Mammut Cliff boots is coming away from the rest of the boot.

I've had the boots since 2012, but there's only a little wear to the sole as a whole, and it's just peeling away from the front of the boot. The uppers are in near perfect condition still.

Does anyone know what the warranty for mammut boots is like, or if I'd be better just getting the sole replaced by someone like Cheshire shoe repairs?
August West 19 Jan 2015
In reply to Dan_S:

If the boots are in as good as condition as you say then I would definitely push for a repair/replacement. You should take them back to where you bought them (as your contract is with them) and they will probably return them to the supplier for evaluation before replacing or returning them repaired. It may take a few weeks.

Make sure the boots are spotlessly clean before taking them back. Neither the shop or the suppliers will touch them if they are dirty.
 wheelo 20 Jan 2015
In reply to Dan_S:
These are the old Raichle boots in disguise and mine did the same thing. I'll never buy from this manufacturer. I did, however, get them replaced with another pair thanks to great service from Ultimate Outdoors.

Ndawson 20 Jan 2015
In reply to Dan_S:

I took a pair of mammut winter boots back, i had used them for about a year and they were a little beat up but the gortex lining in them started to fail.

Mammut have a 2 year warranty as far as i know. They took them for about a month to examine them, and i got a full refund after they agreed the fault was theirs.

BAdhoc 20 Jan 2015
In reply to August West:

I agree with this man, I work in a footwear department and if you return boots that are clean the staff will be much more inclined to help you out.

We would usually send them back to mammut and they'll make a decision from there. Failing that a repair from LSR should be fairly cheap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...