Big HA boots for Big feet, serious advice needed!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gert-Big-Un 15 Jan 2015
Hi all,

I'm after a pit of HA (7000 m) boots for a expo later this year, however I am seriously struggling to find a pair of boots big enough for my gigantic flippers! I have had my feet professionally measured and have been advised that I will require a size 50(EUR) in HA boots! The only pair that I can find in this size are the La Sportiva Baruntse (I have previously asked for advice on these boots before), however they are pain in the arse to source, I have tried most major store in Europe that stock these and they are unable to obtain this size! They are readily available in this size in the US but La Sportiva has put a supplier restriction on these and therefore the retailer are unable to send to the UK. In order to get a pair i would have to use a costly freight forwarder. I am aware that the Millet Everest GTX goes up to a 49 1/3 which is a 13.5 UK, but I fear that these will be a little too snug.

Does anyone know of any other HA boots that are available in a size 50 that I may have overlooked?

Has anyone had any experience with the Baruntse, what is the fit like ect?

Many thanks in advance.....
 itsThere 15 Jan 2015
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:
My mate had a similar problem a few years ago the army (otc) gave him a pair of millet Everests. I think he was size 50. I was working in a shop at the time and ran into the same problem that little to no boots were made in this size. Which is prob why he was given these for Mont Blanc.
Post edited at 16:47
Gert-Big-Un 16 Jan 2015
In reply to itsThere:

I have managed to order a pair of Baruntse from the US and I have also received an email from Millet stating that they do make the Everest in a size 50, but they were unable to quote a retailer that sells them in that size. Anyone know of one?
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

Have you tried their uk distributor? It was allcord a few years ago.
Good luck!
 gethin_allen 16 Jan 2015
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

I'm sure when I worked fitting boots we had some massive scarpa Vega with HA liners. Possibly not the lightest boot but your feet should survive.
 itsThere 16 Jan 2015
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

I found that when I called each supplier/manufacturer they would say they make them in that size but they didn't know if they would be making any anytime. Which is kinda expected since they are working with lead times of nearly 2 years. However they also didn't know when the last time they made boots in that size was.

Sorry I can't be of much help. Good luck. I will check if my mate still has those boots, slim chance though.
PyreneanBigfoot 10 Feb 2015
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

Would very much like to know if you had any luck here - I have exactly the same problem and take a size 50 too! Currently I use a pair of Zamberlan Vioz for summer walking that i bought at George Fisher in Keswick and a pair of Scarpa Manta Pros for winter that i picked up at Needle Sports, again in Keswick. The latter shop also stocked the La Sportive Nepal Extreme in a size 50.

I'm hoping to get up some bigger peaks over the next year or two myself so have been trying to find boots as well. Doesn't sound like you've come up with anything that i've not seen already unfortunately but if you do get a contact for the Baruntses they might do the trick so would appreciate the share!
 timjones 11 Feb 2015
In reply to Gert-Big-Un:

> Hi all,

> I'm after a pit of HA (7000 m) boots for a expo later this year, however I am seriously struggling to find a pair of boots big enough for my gigantic flippers! I have had my feet professionally measured and have been advised that I will require a size 50(EUR) in HA boots! The only pair that I can find in this size are the La Sportiva Baruntse (I have previously asked for advice on these boots before), however they are pain in the arse to source, I have tried most major store in Europe that stock these and they are unable to obtain this size! They are readily available in this size in the US but La Sportiva has put a supplier restriction on these and therefore the retailer are unable to send to the UK. In order to get a pair i would have to use a costly freight forwarder. I am aware that the Millet Everest GTX goes up to a 49 1/3 which is a 13.5 UK, but I fear that these will be a little too snug.

> Does anyone know of any other HA boots that are available in a size 50 that I may have overlooked?

> Has anyone had any experience with the Baruntse, what is the fit like ect?

> Many thanks in advance.....

I appreciate that it's not quite what you're asking but I have a pair of Millet Everest in EU 49 1/3 that I am vaguely considering selling. It may be possible for you to try them on if you live anywhere near me or to arrange some sort of sale or return type thing.

Just idle musing from aomeone else who suffers from large feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...