Lake District 21st December

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Whitters 19 Dec 2014
Hi,

Looking at going up to the Lakes for a quick hit on Sunday. I'm guessing that everything will have been stripped but just wondered if anyone had been up in the last day or so and seen any snow anywhere?

Cheers!
 Billhook 19 Dec 2014
In reply to Whitters:

Yes, there was a patch of snow above red tarn.

😬
 jas wood 20 Dec 2014
In reply to Mountain Llama:

So there's a few mixed lines still in? :O)

Before the UKC police arrive i jest of course.
In reply to jas wood:

It's unbelievable isn't it. I could feel some abuse starting as soon you posted that...

There's not much mate. There was a day last week when some stuff was frozen but it appears to be gone now. Best head further up north or keep fingers crossed for Christmas/new year week.
 Mr E 20 Dec 2014
In reply to Whitters:

I was in the lakes from Monday 15th to Thursday 18th, Monday/Tuesday was nice and cold with frozen ground some snow & ice at 700m+ ish on Skiddaw but Wednesday on Grisedale pike it was just very wet and every thing in sight had been stripped, Thursday was even wetter
 Petarghh 20 Dec 2014
In reply to Whitters:

Can see snow right at the top of Fairfield from the window here in Ambleside, I can pretty much guarantee there will be nothing in condition tomorrow, sadly! It's pretty much back to square one in the Lakes we need another dump of snow and colder weather the restart the winter.
OP Whitters 20 Dec 2014
In reply to Whitters:

Ach well looks like it'll have to be a wet walk...

Thanks for the feedback!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...