Woman mountain guide?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi, I'm looking for a female mountain guide who may be interested in working with me on an editorial piece on Scottish Winter.

I've googled fairly extensively and can't find any females who guide in Scotland. (Which doesn't seem right).

Anyone care to recommend someone?

Cheers,

Colin
Post edited at 00:11
In reply to Colin Henderson:

Do they need to be a guide? An MIC's remit covers winter climbing anywhere in the UK and you'll find most of them up there rather than in the Alps or elsewhere.
In reply to higherclimbingwales:
Hi, thanks.

No, I don't think so. As long they take clients into the mountains.

Di Gilbert now springs to mind (I was thinking of her more for ski-mountaineering).

Post edited at 00:26
 Banned User 77 16 Dec 2014
Libby peters?

Doesn't she?

Fairly sure Kate at RAW adventures, based in Wales, has winter ML and works in Scottish winter? Or maybe she's just in training.. Contact details will be easy enough to find..
Post edited at 01:44
 heavy 16 Dec 2014

Di Gilbert is the one I would recommend lives and works in Scotland and great company!

> Hi, I'm looking for a female mountain guide who may be interested in working with me on an editorial piece on Scottish Winter.

> I've googled fairly extensively and can't find any females who guide in Scotland. (Which doesn't seem right).

> Anyone care to recommend someone?

> Cheers,

> Colin
 girlymonkey 16 Dec 2014

I don't call myself a guide, as I am an ML and not got the 'guide' ticket, but I take groups in the mountains and would be happy to be involved. Most of my clients are French, if that makes any difference.
PM if you you want
Thank you everyone, appreciated.
 planetmarshall 16 Dec 2014

> Hi, I'm looking for a female mountain guide who may be interested in working with me on an editorial piece on Scottish Winter.

> I've googled fairly extensively and can't find any females who guide in Scotland. (Which doesn't seem right).

There must be loads, surely. Adele Pennington? Hannah Burrows-Smith?

StuDoig 16 Dec 2014

Try Di Gilbert or Heather Morning, both guides in Scotland.

Cheers,

Stuart
 Kirriemuir 16 Dec 2014

Tamsin Gay is an aspirant guide and top chick. Sometimes works in Scotland.
 Carolyn 16 Dec 2014
In reply to planetmarshall:

Adele Pennington was the name I'd just thought of (MIC not Guide, I think) - but I'm sure there are plenty more, certainly MICs.
 Only a hill 16 Dec 2014

Try Zoe Newsam http://www.zoenewsamguiding.com
 alan barnes 16 Dec 2014

Samantha Leary MIC.
Met her when she was working on the winter skills weekend at Glenmore Lodge last winter, she was very good.
 jezb1 16 Dec 2014

Kath James MIC
 alan barnes 16 Dec 2014

Try the MTA website / find a leader.
rosiemck 16 Dec 2014
Hi Colin

I have the summer Mountain Leader award but not the winter Award (doing my training in February). I have guided clients throughout the summer in Scotland. I have been out in the Scottish hills in the winter often, though not guiding clients.

Don't know how you are getting on with finding someone, but if i can be of any help to you, let me know.

regards
Rosie

> Cheers,

> Colin

rosiemck 16 Dec 2014

further to my previous post, my website is: www.mckenziemountaineering.com and you can email me at : info@mckenziemountaineering.com

regards
Rosie

> Cheers,

> Colin

Hello, thank you everybody. I've more than enough names to contact now.

i need to improve my google search skills.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...