Converted camper/sleeping van for sale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
premier post photo
Sadly the time has come to sell my beloved self-converted camper/sleeping van, which has taken me on so many excellent adventures (including twice around Europe and all over the UK) and never let me down. I’m only looking to sell her as I’ve bought a new car and can’t afford to keep two vehicles on the road.

I would absolutely love for it to go to a climber who’ll use it as I have, rather than sticking it on Autotrader and having a tradesman rip the boxes/bed out of the back.

Photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/129030242@N06/sets/72157649157074999/

Vehicle details

Great wee van! Has always started first time and been really reliable.

53 plate Vauxhall Combo 1.7 DI, ex-Royal Mail so well looked after and has plenty of service history.

Currently done 130,000 miles.

MOT until March 2015.

Tax until 1 Jan 2015.

Currently in Leeds/Bradford area.

Any trial/inspection welcome.

Good points

Really good on fuel – typically get around 500 miles to 45 litres of diesel on a motorway run doing 70-75mph.

Had a service in July that included new front tyres, a new starter motor and replacement of the front suspension linkage, and is running well.

Alternator replaced last winter.

Interior details

As you can see from the photos, I’ve kitted the back out with solid pine boxes for storing kit and sleeping. A central board joins the two boxes together to create a sleeping platform/bed when needed, and there’s loads of storage space underneath.

There’s a hardwood floor and I’ve also ply-lined and insulated both the walls and the roof, which makes for a genuinely good, warm night’s sleep.

I’m 5’10 and can lie down fully without putting the seats in the front forward (see photos), but my 6’00 plus mate just put the seat forward a bit and was fine.

I’ve got a blind which I’ll chuck in, and this covers the front entirely and provides loads of privacy (see photos).

All wood has been treated and is dry.

Bad points

Someone kicked the passenger-side mirror off one Saturday night and I’ve taped it back on. It passed its MOT with it as it is so it’s not a problem for general use.

In heavy rain, a bit of water sometimes collects in the driver’s footwell. The guy at the garage reckons it’s a seal and says it’s a common fault. I haven’t found it to be a big deal but apparently easily sorted if desired.

Price and Contact

Looking for somewhere around £1,200 as this is what similar ones seem to be going for on Autotrader without any of the interior work – however, I’m flexible so feel free to make an offer.

Any questions or queries, please get in touch - contactable through here or on 07799 363 129.
In reply to raliadsa skcalbwah:

Now sold.

Many thanks for all the interest.

A

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...