My Petzl Glove Review, Critical Feedback Please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
robatkinson 27 Nov 2014

Hi Everyone,

Ive toyed with reviews in the past but this is my first serious attempt. id like it if people got back to me with some feedback, what they like or don't like and things that people would have liked me to include. It is published on a retailers blog but it is in all honesty impartial.

http://rescuesupply.co.uk/blog/petzl-cordex-gloves-staff-review/

cheers

Rob
Post edited at 15:10
robatkinson 27 Nov 2014
In reply to robatkinson:

Bump
 Robin Woodward 27 Nov 2014
In reply to robatkinson:
Hi Rob, a few thoughts for portraying a balanced and impartial review:
-Avoid salesman's statements like 'a must have item', this doesn't sound balanced and isn't really helpful
-You list pros and cons at the end, but you haven't discussed the cons much in the main review
-I generally think statements like 'the fit is excellent' are pointless and unhelpful, generally fit is a very individual thing. This is slightly mitigated by your stating later that it is a close fit, but you don't mention sizing, room for liners etc. I also find it helpful if you note things like long fingers etc.
-You mention the Marmot XT without saying why this glove is popular are comparing the relative pros and cons of the two gloves, just saying that the petzl's are better due to durability isn't that helpful
-You briefly mention using the gloves with tools, but I think this could be key to discussing the merits an limitations.
-You almost contradict yourself saying that the gloves are surprisingly warm at one point while yet saying they're not warm at others. I think warmth can sometimes be a good thing, and other times not for this type of glove, so clarification would be great.
-I find the review a slightly weird halfway house between a review and a gear test with the story nature of the chamonix trip.
-Could do with a little more proof reading (possibly by another or reading aloud so that what is actually written is checked rather than what you think you've written - always hard to distinguish)

Hope that seems constructive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...