Winter Climbing Partner : January and February.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jimbob1992 24 Nov 2014
Unfortunately my winter plans have been scuppered! My regular climbing partner will likely be having a shoulder operation during December and therefore is unable to climb in January and February as we,d planned.

I,ve taken time off work for the following weeks:

10th - 16th January and 8th - 18th February.

I was wondering if anyone would like to join me, or whether i could join someone heading North to Scotland during these times? If so, please feel free to email me.

Ta,

James
 aldo56 24 Nov 2014
In reply to jimbob1992:

Jim, it might be of benift to give some details of what grades your climbing and where you are from.
OP jimbob1992 24 Nov 2014
In reply to jimbob1992:

Thanks Aldo!.... As follows;

I finished climbing Grade IV in Creagan Coire Cha No last year but as i only get out for two weeks a year I'd say I'd happily lead Grade III. I'm looking to push my grades this year. I'd like to be able to comfortably lead IV and second V.

Based in Somerset. I come complete with a winter rack
ice guru 24 Nov 2014
In reply to jimbob1992:
Hi Jim,

I live in Cumbria, so could do Scotland in a weekend. I'm keen to get out and away as much as possible, and I climb about grade IV mixed. Also off to the alps in Feb, if you are interested, from 31st jan until 7th Feb. Probably driving, you are welcome to jump in the car and share expenses, or fly there and meet us there.

Stubob
OP jimbob1992 24 Nov 2014
In reply to Stuie-the-climber:

Hi Stubob,

Awesome... I won't be able to do the Alps unfortunately but I'd be keen to meet in Scotland if you're keen?

James
 mutt 25 Nov 2014
In reply to jimbob1992:

you could tag along with the climbers club rjukan meet - 10th - 25th Jan I think. msg me if you want the contact details.
Matt
 elliptic 25 Nov 2014
In reply to jimbob1992:

Hi James. I'm also down here in Somerset and will be heading up to Scotland as much as I can this winter, no fixed plans yet but usually 3/4 day long weekends depending on conditions & partners etc.

Do you ever get up to UCR in Bristol? I'm there a couple of evenings a week usually if you fancy meeting up at any point.
 pass and peak 26 Nov 2014
In reply to jimbob1992:

Hi James

I'm planning on spending most of February up in Scotland, no firm plans yet will just go where its best at the time, maybe could get away last week in January but to early to say. Anyway if you re-post or get in touch nearer the time I'll be around. Climbing last year about the same grades as you, quite like long mixed, mountain routes/ridges
have most of a winter rack, based N England but will be dossing in me small van!

Mark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...