Ice boots for narrow feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mutt 17 Nov 2014
In the past I've found it difficult to find walking boots for my exceptionally narrow feet. However peglars (whilst they existed) found me an excellent B2 boot from Italy that fits perfectly.

Now I need some water ice climbing boots of the same ilk. Having been through so many walking boot brands I've completely discounted scarpa and North face boots as being way too wide. I g
tried Sportiva Nepal Evo which fit width so well for boots half size too small in length, so are almost there. Unfortunately the correct length in those leads to a good deal of heel lift. I've not discounted them and will try the womens version as I believe womens boots are cut for narrower feet. I was wondering if anyone else had experience of this and whether they could point me in a new direction.

ta
Matt
 jimbob1992 17 Nov 2014
In reply to mutt:

Try the Scarpa Rebel series. Both the Rebel Pro and Rebel Ultra are built on the NAG last. Its very slim in the forefoot and heel and low in volume across the toe box and instep. Great fitting boots. I had the Rebel Carbon previously and now use the Rebel Pro. I,m very happy with them. Not warm, but the fit is as best as i can find.
In reply to mutt:
Not sure what Scarpa have done with the last on some of their latest boots (Jorasses Pro and Delta) but they fit me absolutely fine despite being far too wide across the forefoot.
In both cases, having fairly narrow feet, I would initially have said they were a fairly poor fit however in use they have both been superbly comfortable. At least in my case, their marketing blurb about their newer designs fitting a wider range of foot shapes seems to hold true.

YMMV but I thought it worth mentioning the fact that on my B3s especially I found the exact width fitting at the front of the boot fairly irrelevant to overall performance.
OP mutt 17 Nov 2014
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:

yes I can see what you mean there - the key at the front is to have plenty of room for cushioning, and at the back its to have a very secure heal to stop heal lift. so what you say makes perfect sense.

sounds like I need to try out scarpa B3's then.
OP mutt 21 Nov 2014
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:

I tired the Scarpas today and they are a indeed a good fit. thanks
Matt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...