Rab down Jacket comparisons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ed Booth 08 Nov 2014
Evening,

Just wondering about the Rab Infinity Endurance Jacket compared to the Neutrino endurance. The website says that the Infinity has 210grams of 850 fill power down and that the Neutrino has 225grams of 800 fill power. How does this equate in real terms - which is the warmest?

Also does anybody have experience of the Rab Infinity Endurance (winter 14). I have used the Neutrino in the past and always thought it was very warm.

Cheers, Ed
 nufkin 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Ed Booth:

> which is the warmest?

Some nit-picking, if I may; neither is 'warm', they just insulate.

As to which does that better, there probably isn't much in it. There might be an equation for working out the theoretical heat-retaining properties of the jackets, but you might do just as well to ask Rab. Isn't the Neutrino stitch-through, though? If so, that might make the biggest practical difference
Dorq 09 Nov 2014
In reply to Ed Booth:

It might save you some time if you can buy them from a walk-in shop and try them both on. The front zipper appears different on one of them, being a two-way. Both being stitch-through, let's suppose they are the same warmth; but one is lighter in weight, so you could put that weight-saving towards an ultralight windproof, which makes it much "warmer". The fact that the lighter one has more delicate down and outer fabric might make it less "warm" when you wear it under a heavy waterproof that compresses it, and so on. The neutrino looks more sensible, IMO.
In reply to Dorq:

I've got both jkts,albeit last year's Infinity. I barely use the Neutrino just kept it for car camping or out and about to shops etc very warm lightweight and its a slightly longer cut, infinity jkt I've used on hills summit camps and car camping great jkt very warm for its weight however its very easily damaged so care is needed. I wouldn't say it was as warm as the neutrino but its barely noticeable as I run pretty hot

If I was only buying one I'd go for the Neutrino if your likely to use it for cutting about town if purely climbing Infinity End, again maybe come down to best price you can get
Either jkt won't let you down

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...