RAB Latok alpine vs Mountain Equipment Lhotse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Zoro 02 Nov 2014
Ok so its time to shell( ha ha, do you get it?) out for a new winter jacket, my current jacket is a Mountain Equipment Tupilak and i've loved it and worn it to death! So assumed i just buy the new version, but i actually preferred the Lhotse, BUT at the same store i tried on the RAB latok which i really like too, and now i cant make my mind up. What do the UKC community think? has anybody got either jacket, and what do you think?

Thanks.

Zoro
 geordiepie 03 Nov 2014
In reply to Zoro:

My last jacket was the Latok alpine and I've got the Lhotse now and it's a far superior jacket imo (although not a like for like comparison with the Rab).

I had to send the Latok back to Rab as the event fabric was wetting through, seam tape was coming away and velcro on wrists was peeling off. To their credit they replaced it but the velcro then started peeling off the replacement so I wouldn't have another Rab shell or use Event fabric again. I also found the event was a pain to look after (needs washing loads) and less durable than the goretex pro on the Lhotse. To be fair the Latok alpine is very much a lightweight shell so is bound to be less durable than a full on mountain jacket like the Lhotse but it should have lasted me longer than 18 months of moderate use.
In reply to Zoro:

I had ME Ogre, which i really like and worn to death and its no longer waterproof. I upgraded to Lhotse. Love it.
I considered the Rab but notice E-Vent was getting poor reviews.
Zoro 03 Nov 2014
In reply to Zoro:
Thank you for the advice, ive researched a bit more since trying the jackets on and i'm going to go with the Lhotse.
You've helped to make my mind up!

Thanks again

Zoro

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...