Synthetic belay jacket recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joedt 01 Nov 2014
I am looking for a good value belay jacket for the winter. I had wanted to get one the Decathlon Simon Alpinism ones but they don't seem to sell them any more, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.
 Neil Pratt 01 Nov 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

I think Joe Browns was selling Rab Generator Alpines in their sale recently. Failing that, the ME Fitzroy and Montane Flux always get good feedback in discussions - don't think you'd be disappointed with any of them.
 davestevo 01 Nov 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:
Had the ME Fitzroy for a couple of seasons...not had belay jacket envy yet! Think you can pick one up reasonably now...

Blue Straggler 01 Nov 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

Keela Latitude if they still do them
 drsdave 01 Nov 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

Fitzroy is really good and you'll get a past season one cheapish somewhere
 Andy Farnell 02 Nov 2014
In reply to madtoclimb: Another vote for the ME Fitzroy. Great piece of kit.

Andy F

nathan79 02 Nov 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

Decathlon still do their Simons one but it's nigh on impossible to navigate to. I'll post the link when I can (if no one does in the meantime), I've got it bookmarked on my home PC.

Montane Flux is my treat for this winter coming. Picked up a 2013 one for £70. Good piece of kit.
In reply to nathan79:

> Decathlon still do their Simond one but it's nigh on impossible to navigate to

Their website is pathetic, isn't it? Fortunately, Google manages to find it:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/alpinism-warm-mens-jacket-id_8271763.html
OP Joedt 02 Nov 2014
In reply to captain paranoia:

Aha - great, thanks very much!
 woollardjt 02 Nov 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

I have both the simond jacket and a patagonia one, for the money the simond is a great deal. Only negative I have found is the cuffs are slightly tight
 Roberttaylor 02 Nov 2014
In reply to madtoclimb:

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/karrimor-avalanche-jacket-mens-443292

Just going to leave this here...I was in there the other day. If I wanted a belay jacket, I would buy this one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...