Slim leg winter waterproof trousers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 iksander 01 Nov 2014
Hi

What are your recommendations for tough "all day" winter waterproofs (not softshell) with slim legs? I have skinny pins and don't wear thick layers underneath and I always seem to end up with ones with flappy legs. Looking for something high waist and ergonomic knees and/or stretch. Some sort of cinching around boots and ventilation zips are also a must. High crampon protection on the inside of the legs would be a bonus.
 BnB 01 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:

ME firefox fits the bill in all apsects other than crampon protection. I don't find the lighter weight ME textiles very durable but it's all a compromise (or I'm clumsy) and you're gonna rip winter trous anyway...

With crampon protection but a bit roomier see if Needlesports are still offering the Rab Stretch Neo for £105.
 PPP 01 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:

I'm pretty sure Haglofs have something you are looking for. Maybe these? http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/haglofs-mens-guard-2-pant-12110242?id_colour...

As I'm too poor for Haglofs stuff, I can't remember which pants they were!
 GarethSL 01 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:

Arcteryx Beta AR or Alpha AR depending on your preferences. The best articulated and fitting lightweight waterproofs out there. Beta AR also comes in various leg lengths, have a snow gaiter and adjustable cuffs.
 Bish 01 Nov 2014
In reply to iksander:

Tkmaxx currently have adidas gore pro trousers which are very slim fitting. Only £100 as well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...