Scarpa Maestrale and Petzl Lynx crampons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr-Cowdrey 31 Oct 2014
Just got some Maestrales and have been trying to fit my crampons (petzl lynx) to them but have a few issues.

Firstly, the front points are at an angle to the toe of the boot. I.e. They don't point straight forward from the toe like my old G12s did on my Mountain boots. Instead, they point inwards at a slight angle. Is this normal?

Secondly, I don't have the wire toe bail to convert them to take a toe welt and was wondering whether or not a BD or Grivel wire bail would fit.

Thoughts?
 OwenM 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Grivel-Haute-Route-Crampon.html

These fit Maestrales well, I found the G10's with the plastic straps didn't fit anywhere near as well.
 Mr Trebus 31 Oct 2014
In reply to OwenM:

I have the same issue with fitting it them to my koflach doubles. If you get wire bails, set the outside edge to the the back hole and the inside to the front. This should straighten it out a bit.

Al
 PN82 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:

My crampons point at an angle too (Grivel G14) because they have an asymmetric bar fitted so is normal for my crampons. I also have straight bars too for the Grivel's so that the toes point straight if I want them too or for better fitting on different boots, not sure if petzl do this though?

Gazlynn 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:

Try turning the linking bar round on them so the right is on the left and vise versa.

I would think that any wire bail will fit.

cheers

Gaz

OP Mr-Cowdrey 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Gazlynn:

Turning the bars round has worked, thanks. Although they still don't point straight but the angle has reduced
 RoK 02 Nov 2014
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:

Turn them upside down and have a look at the coverage of the downward points.
I turned the bars around and the front points were perfectly straight. But there was very poor coverage of the inside edge of my foot. It may not be important on vertical stuff but might be an issue on the walk in/off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...