Wild country vc pro 2 ??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Nick_Scots 31 Oct 2014
Hi,

Before I buy a set if these, for mainly the indoor wall, does anyone use these at an indoor wall with fat and furry ropes ?

Most new belay plate struggle with really thick wall ropes.

Thanks
 PPP 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Scott_vzr:

From what I've heard, Black Diamond ATC XP (or Guide) or Petzl Reverso are far better options. WC VC Pro 2 tends to jam a lot, though I have never used it (that's why I've got Grigri/ATC/Guide).

DMM Bug might be a good option as well.
OP Nick_Scots 31 Oct 2014
In reply to PPP:

We have 6 Clog flyers, fine for our school ropes - 10mm and perfect condition - but kids struggle at the indoor wall with the wider dia. Ropes. It does jam when taking in. It's a subtle difference In Technique.

I have seen the vc pro 2 s very cheap.
 nufkin 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Scott_vzr:

> I have seen the vc pro 2 s very cheap

This is a telling sentence
In reply to Scott_vzr:

Tried one last year - even using it 'backwards' i.e. with the ribbed edges on the climber side, it's good for up to 10mm ropes, so struggled at times with some of the wall ropes.

Replaced it with a Black Diamond ATC (which is good for 11mm) which I've found to be smoother, especially when lead belaying...
 IPPurewater 01 Nov 2014
In reply to Scott_vzr:

The original Variable Controller is still available for about £10. THese are good with thick wall ropes.

IPP
OP Nick_Scots 01 Nov 2014
In reply to IPPurewater:
Cool beta.
OP Nick_Scots 01 Nov 2014
In reply to nufkin:

The Edelrid Jul was selling for £7 in Tisos a while back, no nonsense single rope belay plate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...