Website boffins please help?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rich W Parker 31 Oct 2014
What's a good package or provider for designing and building a simple, one page but very cool website, that perhaps includes a slideshow, flash or otherwise. I like the idea of drag and drop and have no clue whatsoever about code. More of a very funky online business card. The net is awash and I'm drowning. Opinions please, thank you kindly.
 wilkie14c 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

I'm the same, useless at code and just didn't have the time to learn. I built my websites with create.net although it is a paid for designer/editor and hosting package
 browndog33 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

I'm like you and used 1&1, if you email me I'll give you my website address so you can take a look..
Mark.
OP Rich W Parker 31 Oct 2014
In reply to browndog33:

Done.
 Big Steve 31 Oct 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

Have you looked at Wordpress? You can make a decent site in a couple of evenings, without buying any software
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

+1 for WordPress. Pretty easy to use and there's a mountain of themes to choose from.
 mattrm 01 Nov 2014
In reply to Murko Fuzz:

Wordpress. You can get an account on wordpress.com and pay a small fee to get your domain linked up. There's loads of themes and it's easy to set up the sort of things you're talking about on it.

If there is ever any chance anyone else will have to maintain the site, please do not use 1&1. They're awful. There was a chap on here a while back who lost his whole site due to 1&1 being crap.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...