Any events in the Peak over Christmas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Fredt 27 Oct 2014

A good friend of mine is visiting from the USA over Christmas, from around the 18th December to 10th January.
He's a keen trail runner, and I wondered if anyone knows of any trail or fell events in the Peak over Christmas.
Anything up to 10 miles would be great.

Cheers
Fred
Post edited at 13:14
 The New NickB 27 Oct 2014
In reply to Fredt:

Not in the Peak, but the Auld Lang Syne in Howarth is one that springs to mind.

The only ones in the FRA calendar for the Peak during that period are Bowstone and Trigger, the Trigger is 20 miles.
OP Fredt 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Fredt:

Is it permissible to bump posts?
abseil 30 Oct 2014
In reply to Fredt:

> Is it permissible to bump posts?

Bump.
OP Fredt 10 Nov 2014
In reply to Fredt:

Bump, please.
 The New NickB 10 Nov 2014
In reply to Fredt:

> Is it permissible to bump posts?

The best way is usually acknowledging the people who have gone to the effort of responding.
 Banned User 77 10 Nov 2014
In reply to Fredt:

It's a surprisingly poor time in the calendar. I'm similarly back from the US and really struggling to find anything up in Scotland.. searching around at the moment. I'm down in the peak district from the 31st to the 4th but nothing appeals at the moment.

Auld Lang Syne is great but probably full by now.
 zephr 11 Nov 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

If you're about in the Peak and fancy a mudplug on Bleaklow, drop us a line. I'm about, and would welcome a break from literature reviews...
 robert-hutton 11 Nov 2014
In reply to Fredt:
Might be use, but no trail or fell - Urban Night race - Thur 18th Dec 2014 The 7 Hills of Sheffield – whatever the Roman’s can do... Followed by a Rajput Curry

info at http://www.dpfr.org.uk/uploads/events/files/2014-10-01--Urban-Nights-2015.p...

or I always do the Llydaw Race from Pen Y Pass Wales on new years day morning some info at http://www.gorphwysfa.org/
Post edited at 12:45
 Banned User 77 11 Nov 2014
In reply to zephr:

OK, It'll be the 4th > 10th I'm back in the peak and free to run..

I think I've settled on one of the park runs around Manchester as I need to drop the missus off at 7:30 am at Manchester Airport on the 4th. Good fun, cheap and you can get some serious competition at some in the bigger cities..
 Stig 17 Nov 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

Platt Fields/South Manchester is a fast flat one which would be easy from the airport. Or if you come to Marple (muddy) say hello. Also one in Lyme Park although I haven't done it.

To the OP: there is a trail run near Poynton on the 28th and a fell run nearby on 31st - Bowstones.Look up crazy legs events on FB.
 katyc 28 Dec 2014
In reply to robert-hutton:

Does anyone know if the Lyn Llydaw Race is happening Thurs? I tried the link but it says that the account is suspended ------
From folk that have done it --- is there a mixed bag of entrants or are they a pretty serious bunch?
Staying at PYP YHA NYE and was slightly tempted -----
 Banned User 77 28 Dec 2014
In reply to katyc:

Message Jayne Lloyd of FB... she'll know...

robert-hutton 28 Dec 2014
In reply to IainRUK:

I presume it's still on, they never seem to advertise it which it is good the entry is very mixed with some taking it very leisurely and enjoying the stunning views.
 Bob 28 Dec 2014
In reply to The New NickB:

The ALS fills up very quickly, no way to get in to it now, Dave takes slightly more entries than he's permitted to allow for no shows so there's no chance of entries on the day.

To the OP: Why not just go for a run? You could follow the route of one of the races. It's a fairly quiet period for races.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...