Merino Boxers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GarethSL 14 Oct 2014
Help me out chaps, I'm looking for a few pairs of merino wool boxer shorts for my winter ensemble.

I've searched and searched but keep coming up with stuff that I simply don't want. So can anyone recommend any with a slightly longer leg length, fly (essential) and elastic waist band?

Icebreaker used to do something along these lines but everything they have now is a little short.

Mr Trebus 14 Oct 2014
In reply to GrendeI:
I had a pair of Rab merino boxers and I did not think they were that good or worth the money.

Under armour do good synthetic long boxer and I have some Markies boxers called possibly second skin, that are really good and were bought from their discount shop 2 pairs for a £10.

Al
 thedatastream 14 Oct 2014
In reply to GrendeI:

I like the Rab MeCo boxers, very comfy and chafe free even on long sweaty days. Not sure they've got a fly though.
OP GarethSL 14 Oct 2014
In reply to Siward:

They look good, the model pictures look as though they're quite long and a nice price too.

Though I simply don't understand the sizing.... if I may be blunt how big are your kegs?
 earlsdonwhu 14 Oct 2014
In reply to GrendeI: I have some Howies ones. Quite long in leg so good for skiing and winter trekking etc
Removed User 14 Oct 2014
In reply to GrendeI:

I've got some Smartwool ones that are pretty good - though they're a few years old now, so might be discontinued.
 Siward 14 Oct 2014
In reply to GrendeI:
I think medium. I'm 32 waist, possibly heading toward 34 these days
 Mikkel 14 Oct 2014
In reply to Mr Trebus:
I used to swear by icebreakers, but they just loose their shape so fast now i have converted to underarmour.
They do their boxers in at least 2 different lengths possible 3
OP GarethSL 14 Oct 2014
In reply to Mikkel:

There is that issue, reading some reviews there appears to be quite some issues with wear on lightweight merino underwear. I wasn't really thinking synthetic so I will check them out!
 xoran 14 Oct 2014
In reply to GrendeI:

I've got a pair from chocolate fish merino that are fantastically comfy. I've just checked their website and it seems they are low on stock, but if you are the right size then I'd highly recommend them.
 blurty 14 Oct 2014
In reply to thedatastream:

Another vote for Rab meco

Rich L 14 Oct 2014
In reply to GrendeI:
I have recently got some merino boxers from a fairly new company called Armadillo. Long in the leg and they have a fly. I am a 34 inch waist and the large fit me perfectly.
I got them half price from Sports Pursuit. Full price is £40, which is about normal for merino.
It is too soon to comment on durability, but they are aimed at squaddies as an alternative to synthetic base layers, so that may count for something.

Rich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...