Schreckhorn North East Face - More detail than any guidebook...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MikeLell 19 Sep 2014
youtube.com/watch?v=g4Slxr4eagI&

Thought I would post up this absolute gem (In German, but pretty easy to understand what is going on). There was a thread regarding routes on here 6 months or so back.

Gives a pretty good impression of what the face is like, including the rock band below the summit.
 Simon4 19 Sep 2014
In reply to MikeLell:
That would have been me, many thanks for that.

The face doesn't look too bad, despite the TD grading, doesn't look any worse than the North face of the Brunneghorn I climbed this Summer (sort of), though a lot bigger, no steeper as far as I could see, certainly less steep than the crux pitch to the ridge. In fact the Brunneghorn is also given a TD grading, which is absurd.

Clearly this is a Spring view, but doesn't look as if there is much in the way of awkward mixed ground to cross.

Given that they launched from a tent on the col, it certainly confirms how remote the face is. Would at least require a bivy. I would love to climb the face, on the other hand I would also love to do the Lauteraarhorn -> Schreckhorn traverse.

Actually I would love to climb the Schreckhorn by any route. The closest I got to it this Summer was the hut walk, as well as the remote Aar bivouac on the other side. Ah well. As this is just after the Scottish vote :

"The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley"

I wouldn't ski it though, that looked terrifying. Hard to see how these boys can ski that face without their enormous balls getting in the way.
Post edited at 12:48

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...