Which ski touring trousers?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have some very comfy Spyder ski trousers for resort use, but they are far too warm for touring. In the US I used ME Ibex trousers but they don't fit over my ski boots which means wet feet. Is there something that sort of warmth which fits over ski boots?
 TobyA 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Bob_the_Builder:

The Decathlon winter softshells with braces go over tele boots and work well when touring. Best of all, they are really cheap.
In reply to TobyA:

I use AT for touring, so the boots are more like an alpine boot in size. Might be too bit for the Decathlon trousers?
 John Ww 11 Sep 2014

Try the Dynafit Broad Peak DST pant - just bought a pair from a poster of this parish, and they are exactly what I was looking for. They fit perfectly over my AT boots by the way.

HTH, JW
 davy_boy 11 Sep 2014

i tend to use my norrona svalbard softshell trousers for touring and spring days on piste they easily accomodate alpine boots. if chilly i just wear thermals underneath
 earlsdonwhu 11 Sep 2014

Much depends on where and when you are touring. If it looks humongous I might go for thin base layer and hard shell or Paramo but if it is looking milder and springlike, I will go for Base Jump pants with a thin pertex type shell just in case. It is always guesswork and compromises!
 TobyA 11 Sep 2014

Don't think so. Thinking about it, I used them this Easter with borrowed AT boots - no probs.
 AdrianC 11 Sep 2014
The decathlon soft shell trou are fibe with AT boots. Used them plenty with different boots. No worries. Pays to zip out the elasticated ankle cuff they come with.
In reply to AdrianC:

+1 for decathlon (Quecha Bionnassays I think). Occasionally used a thin goretex over the top.

Cheers all. Now for some shopping. =D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...