overtrouser ice climbing scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
tristan5240 09 Sep 2014
Hello,

I am looking for a new pair of overtrouser for ice climbing / mixte climbing in scotland (protection over the snow/ wet snow/ reinforced on the knee/ with a full length zip to be able to put them on once at the bottom of the ice fall).
I saw the following models:
Oktang (Berghauss), Tupilak (Mountain equipment), Roc pants ou couloir pant (Haglofs)

But they look a bit expensive...
Do you have any advice?

Regards
 HeMa 10 Sep 2014
In reply to tristan5240:

I think pretty much all the models you listed are actually meant to be also used while climbing... hence the hefty pricetag.
 Piglet69 10 Sep 2014
In reply to tristan5240:

Anyone any advice on which brand do a "shortarse" options besides Arcteryx. Not expecting a late growth spurt so eat your greens is no help.

A.
 Pina 10 Sep 2014
In reply to tristan5240:

I tried a pair of these on in Iceland and they are currently sitting at #1 for my choice of overtrousers.

http://www.cintamani.is/en/men/steinn-en.html
 Bluebird 10 Sep 2014
In reply to tristan5240:

I've got both the Oktang and the Couloir (if memory serves) Couloir might be a bit wider than norm at the foot/boot for more ski/snowboard type stuff I think? Although the fit/feel of the Couloir is sublime.
I got on OK with Oktang last Winter; pretty much bombproof. Sometimes comes up on SportsDirect perhaps?
Calski 10 Sep 2014
In reply to tristan5240:

There were some Hagloffs waterproof trousers on Sports Pursuit recently...maybe worth checking there.

Cal
 Hannes 10 Sep 2014
In reply to tristan5240:

Consider a pair of paramo aspiras, they come with knee and bum pads, very comfy and if you kick a hole in them you can stitch them up again with needle and thread. Only downside is that they are heavy but then on the other hand you will rarely if ever need to wear anything more underneath than a pair of baselayer bottoms.
 Solaris 11 Sep 2014
In reply to Hannes:

Exactly what I was going to suggest - those or the salopettes.
tristan5240 11 Sep 2014
In reply to tristan5240:

Thanks a lot for all your advice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...